VILLA HRESC, based in Zadar, Obala kneza Trpimira 28, OIB: 76690087729 (hereinafter: VILLA HRESC), respects the privacy of each person whose personal information is collected. We would like to inform you which personal information VILLA HRESC collects, how we protect this information and what are your rights.
Implementation of data-protection principles
VILLA HRESC, within the framework of the implementation of this Policy, pays special attention to respecting the principles of data processing and processes data:
- Lawfully – data processing is made possible when it is permitted by law and only within the limits permitted by law.
- Fairly – by taking into account the specifics of each relationship, applying all appropriate measures for the protection of personal data and privacy in general, and allowing data subjects to exercise their rights.
- In a transparent manner – by informing data subjects about the processing of personal data. From the beginning of data collection itself, when data subjects are informed about all aspects of data processing, until the end of data processing, data subjects are in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation granted a simple and quick access to their own data, including the ability to inspect and obtain a copy thereof. The access to certain information may be restricted only when this is required by law or necessary for the protection of third parties.
- By ensuring purpose limitation – personal data is processed for the purposes for which they are collected and may be processed for other purposes only when the requirements laid down in the Regulation are fulfilled.
- By ensuring data minimisation – data is processed only when they are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary. A special attention is given not to collect data for which there is no justified need for processing.
- By ensuring accountability – data must be accurate and kept up to date, and every reasonable step must be taken to erase inaccurate data.
- With integrity and confidentiality – processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures. Relevant measures are applied taking into account the risk related to each type of data processing.
Purpose of data collection
VILLA HRESC is required to collect certain personal data in order to execute due accommodation contract and comply with regulations governing hospitality. However, VILLA HRESC may collect other or the same data for other purposes, primarily maintaining contact. Such purposes include:
- Execution of accommodation contracts;
- Compliance with legal requirements and other applicable positive regulations governing hospitality;
- Protection of property and safety of individuals achieved through implementation of video surveillance measures.
VILLA HRESC guarantees that collected data will be used only for the stated purposes.
Legal basis for collection
The legal basis for the stated collection purposes may be:
- Consent or explicit consent of data subject, depending on the purpose of processing and the type of personal data.
Points of data collection
VILLA HRESC collects your data at:
- Booking of accommodation (booking through website or booking by phone call to our call center);
- Conclusion of accommodation contract – registration at the reception desk ;
- Places under video surveillance.
Data storage period
Data that was lawfully collected by VILLA HRESC is stored for a period of time prescribed by a particular law or other positive regulation.
Data that was contractually collected by VILLA HRESC is stored only for a period of time necessary to fulfil the contract or provide a service.
Rights of the data subject
Regardless of the basis for data collection, you can, at any time, free of charge, request:
– Access to data, rectification of data or completion of incomplete data in all databases of personal data, upon which VILLA HRESC will grant you the access or rectify your data, depending on your request, in all its databases;
– Erasure (“right to be forgotten”) of personal data from all databases of personal data, upon which VILLA HRESC will erase such data from all its databases except those that VILLA HRESC is required to maintain and keep on the basis of positive regulations and when there are no overriding legitimate reasons for processing or when processing is not necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
– Transfer of data we have collected about you to you yourself or to third parties (“right to data portability”), in accordance with positive legal regulations;
– Withdrawal of consent, when data were given on the basis of consent, without any negative consequences;
– To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority – Personal Data Protection Agency (for more information, please visit www.azop.hr).
Please send your written request to the contact e-mail address of personal data protection officer at email@example.com or by regular mail addressed to VILLA HRESC., Obala kneza Trpimira 28, Zadar, Republic of Croatia.
Personal data collected from persons who booked accommodation and guests
VILLA HRESC, as the data controller, keeps personal data you are required to submit in order to be provided with accommodation services in its database solely for the purpose of concluding the accommodation contract and complying with legal requirements on provision and collection of personal data governing hospitality, and may use such data for other purposes allowed by positive regulations. In the event that you do not provide VILLA HRESC with minimum information required for the registration of guests in all relevant registers, VILLA HRESC will not be able to provide you with accommodation services in accordance with the contract and the law.
Personal data recorded by VILLA HRESC at the time of booking and filling in the registration card at arrival to the facility are collected on the basis of laws regulating hospitality and for the purpose of providing services to guests. These include the following data (subject to change with regard to positive regulations):
- Name and surname;
- Address of residence (Croatian citizens);
- Date of birth;
- Number, type and place of issue of identification document;
- Name of facility;
- Number of accommodation unit;
- Date of arrival and departure of guest;
VILLA HRESC stores such data in its database of guests and shares them with competent authorities of the Republic of Croatia through the E-visitor system (electronic registration system) through the E-visitor system (electronic registration system) in which such data is required to be stored for 10 years. VILLA HRESC is also required to store all invoices issued to guests, including their personal information, for 11 years, in accordance with legal regulations.
Furthermore, in order to fulfil its contractual obligations, at the time of booking and filling in the registration card at arrival to the facility VILLA HRESC collects the following information:
- Name and surname, Address of residence (Croatian citizens), E-mail address; Telephone number.
- Information collected through automatic data processor processing at villa-hresc.com (logs)
This information relates to the realization of your stay and will be deleted after your departure from the accommodation
VILLA HRESC also collects personal data through the video surveillance system.
Cookies and online technologies
As with many other sites, our site may use “cookies” (small files that we save to your computer when you access our websites to enable basic or additional functionality of each site) or other technologies to help us deliver content specific to your interests, to process your reservations or requests, and/or to analyse your visiting patterns. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to reveal your personal identity. When you access our websites, such data is used by our server to identify features of your browser but cannot identify you personally.
We use several types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies – they are necessary to enable the basic website functionalities and websites cannot function properly without them. This means that a website cannot be opened or displayed without these cookies. These cookies are used for the purposes of communication transmission and are necessary for the provision of IT company services that are explicitly requested by users of such services. These cookies also enable us to conduct a basic website analysis with the aim of improving website functionalities by using completely anonymous data, that is, such cookies are not based on your personal information or data that could be in any way linked with you personally. These cookies do not require consent, so we do not ask for your consent to use them.
- Third Party Services – We also use third-party services such as Google Webfonts, Google Maps. Since these third parties can collect your information such as your IP address, you can disable them here. Disabling them You can drastically reduce functionality and display We will ask for your consent to use these cookies.
Should you wish to change your cookie settings on the Valamar website, you can do so at any time by clicking on this link: (link to cookie consent box)
Video surveillance system
VILLA HRESC, as the data controller, has the legitimate interest to implement video surveillance measures to protect property and persons in relation to certain workplace positions and statutory duty to install surveillance cameras that record employees and anyone moving within the surveillance camera field of view.
VILLA HRESC indicates all places where video surveillance system is installed in the prescribed manner.
VILLA HRESC is aware that the video recordings contain personal data of all the persons moving within the surveillance camera field of view, and therefore handles them with special care. Furthermore, we have implemented a security system and introduced availability and erasure policy regulated by internal VILLA HRESC rules on safety.
Video recordings are regularly rewritten and thus automatically deleted after a maximum of 3days after they are recorded. Exceptionally, video recordings are kept longer when they serve as evidence in proceedings before competent state authorities. Extracted video recordings are stored in a centralised messaging system with extremely limited access.
In the event of judicial and/or criminal proceedings, VILLA HRESC may use such video recordings. Access to personal data captured on video recordings may be granted to third parties, data processors and contractual partners of VILLA HRESC who are registered and qualified to provide services of personal and property protection and who do not use any of these data independently but participate in activities related to the security of central supervisory and alarm systems. All other details regarding video surveillance are subject to special regulations that govern that area.
Protecting the personal information of children
VILLA HRESC advises parents and guardians to teach their children the importance of being responsible when dealing with personal information on the internet.VILLA HRESC does not wish to collect and has no intention of collecting personal information of children. Personal information of children will be neither used nor divulged to third parties. A child may give his or her consent solely in relation to the provision of IT company services, whereby such child must be older than 16 years of age. VILLA HRESC may process all other information of children below the stated age limit and children under 18 years of age, except as expressly stated herein, only with the prior consent of the parent.
Rectification of data
You can contact us at any time to review your personal information, as well as for the purpose of updating, rectification or erasure of your data. Until such time, we will use your previously recorded data for the aforementioned purposes.
Technical and integrated data protection
SAFETY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
VILLA HRESC, as the processing manager, takes into account the highest organizational and technical data protection standards. Therefore, taking into account the latest achievements, the cost of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purpose of processing as well as the risks of different levels of probability and severity for the rights and freedoms of individuals arising from data processing, at the time of determining the processing resources, appropriate technical and organizational measures to enable the effective application of data protection principles. We are fully committed to protecting data from unauthorized access, retrieval or deletion, irrespective of the storage or processing location, as well as the format in which they are located. VILLA HRESC uses the services of trusted IT partners who are obliged to apply high standards of IT protection. VILLA HRESC applies recognized security information standards:
- we carry out technical and organizational protection measures based on risks,
- we minimize exposure to data,
- we are checking the collection of information, storage and processing methods, where possible,
- we protect the data pseudonimously and anonymize,
- we test organizational and technical protection measures,
- we restrict access to personal information to employees, contract workers, and agents whose permissions for the use of personal data are granted limited and controlled by user tasks, and who are required to comply with strict confidentiality obligations.
VILLA HRESC takes all measures that may identify problems as well as measures to minimize potential damage.
Data protection impact assessment
Where a type of processing in particular using new technologies, and taking into account the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing, is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of data subjects, VILLA HRESC will, as the data controller, prior to the processing, carry out an assessment of the impact of the envisaged processing operations on the protection of personal data.